OUR VISION FOR OUR SCHOOL
We are ambitious
for our children to achieve their full potential
in all areas of their ‘God-given’ lives
in a caring,
and vibrant school;
for our children to be healthy, happy and confident;
prepared for life in a changing society;
to build a school community
that values, includes and supports
every one of its members.
All Saints’ (C of E) Primary School
We aim to provide:
· A vibrant school environment which supports effective learning
· A school which values and promotes creativity through a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
· Inclusive education which meets the needs of all its pupils, in a truly inclusive culture
· A sharing and caring school community
· A healthy school committed to improving the health of its community
There is no place for extremist views of any kind in our school, whether from internal sources – pupils, staff, visiting adults, governors etc. or external sources – school community, external agencies or individuals.
Any prejudice, discrimination or extremist views, including derogatory language, displayed by pupils, staff, visitors or parents will always be challenged and, where appropriate, dealt with. Where misconduct by a teacher is proven, the matter will be referred to the National College for Teaching and Leadership for their consideration. Misconduct by other staff will be dealt with under normal school disciplinary procedures.
We encourage pupils to respect the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. We ensure that partisan political views are not promoted in the teaching of any subject in the school and where political issues are brought to the attention of the pupils, reasonably practicable steps are taken to offer a balanced presentation of opposing views to pupils.
THE ETHOS OF OUR SCHOOL
“All Saints’ CE Primary School provides education in accordance with the principles and practices of the Church of England. Worship, religious education and spiritual development are at the heart of every aspect of the work of this school.”
At All Saints’ CE School we aim to provide all of our pupils with a high quality education within a caring Christian environment where our Christian values of trust, forgiveness, friendship, truthfulness and perseverance, hope, responsibility, thankfulness, justice and peace are embedded. Collective worship and Religious Education are effective in communicating the Christian values and are specifically linked to the half termly worship and SEAL themes. Pupils develop a growing understanding of these Christian values as they progress through the school and this is reflected in, and impacts on, their behaviour and attitudes to each other, the whole school, the wider community and their daily life.
The school supports a number of charities including Operation Christmas Child and Sponsor a Child. It is important that the children have the opportunity to study the causes they are supporting to give real meaning and understanding.
AIMS FOR THE SCHOOL
The school aims to help the children develop lively and enquiring minds, to question and debate, to apply themselves with confidence to tasks, to gain in physical skills, to have respect for the opinions of others, to find enjoyment and fulfillment in their activities and to gain satisfaction from their achievements.
We approach the curriculum through a varied teaching programme. This is designed to stimulate active learning through investigation and problem solving. We value the individuality of each child and encourage all pupils to realise their full potential.
It is the intention of the School Governors that parents will be fully informed and consulted on the progress of their children.
AIMS FOR THE CHILDREN
All Saints is committed to promote health, happiness and the highest educational standards for all our children by:
· Ensuring that all children reach their full potential socially and academically
· Valuing quality in our work and building self-esteem
· Developing positive behaviour
· Extending and enriching a wide and inclusive curriculum
· Meeting the needs of all our children through a warm and caring ethos
· Providing quality training and support for all those who have an impact on children’s learning including parents
ALL SAINTS' AS PART OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
The Governors, teachers and parents of All Saints’ Primary School have adopted the following aims:
· To initiate, develop and strengthen the links between the school and the community for mutual benefit
· To support the community in any effort to improve the physical and cultural environment, and use the facilities of the school as a base from which agencies may work; to develop the school as a centre in which the school, and the community it serves, is integrated, with the community involved in and contributing towards the educational processes, both within the school and the community.